Advanced Space Academy - Huntsville, Alabama
WHAT IS SPACE CAMP?
The Advanced Space Academy program sees students participate in a rigorous program that teaches them about the mental, emotional and physical demands astronauts’ face and provides leadership training as well as learning the importance of teamwork. Students are guided through the past, present and future of space exploration.
Trainees experience a variety of astronaut training exercises, engineering challenges and team building activities all culminating in an extended-duration simulated space mission.
- Train like an astronaut on the 1/6th Gravity Chair and the Multi-Axis Trainer.
- Design, build and launch a team rocket, and safely recover its payload.
- Learn teambuilding skills on the high elements at our Space Camp Challenge Course.
- Experience neutral buoyancy while SCUBA diving in the Underwater
- Astronaut Trainer! (Pending physician approval. History of insulin dependent diabetes, epilepsy, reactive airway disease or asthma will not dive. Final determination concerning fitness to dive will be made by the Space Camp Medical & UAT staff)
- Test your skills in our Engineering Challenges by constructing a heat shield and building a Rover.
- Fly jet aircraft simulators!
- Discover the role the International Space Station plays in our global community.
- Prepare for every contingency as you go to Mars on an extended-duration mission simulation!
TOUR DATES FOR SPACE CAMP
March & September are the peak times for Secondary Schools bookings. Booking as early as possible is essential & highly recommended.